Landfill Services and Fees
- Residential/Industrial/ Commercial Waste: $52 a ton/$10 Minimum Charge
- Construction Debris & Bulky Waste: $65 a ton/$10 Minimum Charge
- Feed, Grain and Dust: $80 a ton/$10 Minimum Charge
- Large Items may incur additional fees without prior notice
Fees are subject to change without notice.
Items banned from disposal in Landfill by Iowa Code
- Lead Acid Batteries (Car batteries) – Accepted for Recycling at No Charge
- Appliances – Accepted for Recycling for a fee of $12 each
- Tires – Accepted for Recycling for a fee by tire size and type
- Free Liquids – Contact us for information and if it is hazardous waste then it can be handled through the RCC.
- Yard Waste is accepted in our composting area-businesses are charged $30/ton
- Hazardous Waste – Information available under Hazardous Waste Tab
- Oil Filters/Motor oil is accepted for Recycling at No Charge to residents (farm & business waste are charged) – DO NOT PUT IN RECYCLING OR GARBAGE
Additionally we do not landfill-
- Electronics/TV’s are recyclable and there are fees for these items.
We accept most items at the Transfer Station for recycling. They need to be kept separate from other waste when unloaded. We will work with you on your waste disposal needs.
Requirements for loads
- Blown Insulation must be bagged or wetted to prevent particles from becoming air born.
- Floor sweepings must be bagged to prevent excessive dust.
- Lumber and like wastes MUST be cut into 6-foot sections or smaller in order for our equipment to handle the material inside our transfer station building. If it is separated from your load for recycling then the length does not matter.
- Concrete should be taken to Reding Excavating, Smith Concrete, or BV County Secondary Roads or recycling- contact them for more information.
- Separate clean lumber and pallets from other materials so we can recycle them.
- Recyclable products should be separated from waste- They can be delivered in the same load but separated while unloading: cardboard, paper, tin cans, aluminum, metals, glass containers. This includes construction loads.
- Asbestos and Paint Dust are considered special wastes and haulers need to fill out appropriate forms for disposal. Pre Authorization required for hauling to Carroll.
- Semi loads will need to get pre-authorization to direct haul to Carroll. Contact us a minimum of 48 hours prior to large demo jobs to haul to the Transfer Station. Direct Haul loads are only approved if there is a reason we cannot handle the material at the Transfer Station. Waste must be in manageable sized pieces.
- Haulers are required to pull items out of loads (tires, appliances, metal, pallets, etc.)
- Hot tubs, boats and other large items must be cut into manageable pieces- 4 foot by 2 foot sections prior to acceptance and motors removed.
Iowa law requires all waste to be handled through the BV County Recycle Center (Transfer Station) or Carroll County Landfill. By law, waste cannot go to any other landfill or disposal site! Click here for more info.
Nonacceptance of waste at the transfer station does not constitute authorization to haul waste out of the planning area. If you are hauling or your contracted hauler is hauling waste to another location they are in violation of Iowa Code.
Questions or concerns can be directed to management at 712-732-7171.