Please keep paper products dry.
CARDBOARD: All types of cardboard including cereal boxes, shoe boxes, corrugated boxes, etc. Boxes should be empty of all packaging materials. NO WAXED CARDBOARD
PAPER PRODUCTS: All types of paper including magazines, catalogs, newspapers, phone books, paperback books, office paper, junk mail, envelopes. Please do not put paper plates or cups in the paper- they are coated and often are contaminated with food and it ruins the good recyclables. All boxes must be empty and packaging materials removed.
TIN CANS: Including empty aerosol cans. Rinsed and labels do not have to be removed.
ALUMINUM: Food and beverage containers, foil, pie tins, etc. free of food.
PLASTICS: Food and beverage containers, soap containers, laundry detergent, etc. Rinsed and lids do not have to be removed. Polystyrene (Styrofoam) #6 plastic is not recyclable even if it has a symbol on it. NO OIL containers or hazardous waste containers. No laundry baskets or storage totes. Plastic bags do not belong in your recycling.
GLASS: Any color as long as it is see through. Food and beverage containers only with lids removed. Lids may be placed with recyclables.
ITEMS THAT ARE NOT RECYCLABLE
Syringes, diapers, plastic toys, shrink or film wrap, hardcover books, tissues, paper towels, foam/paper plates, and Styrofoam. Window and mirror glass, light bulbs, ceramics and pottery, drinking glasses, and heat-resistant ovenware. Plastic laundry baskets, storage totes, oil containers. Clothing and shoes are no longer recyclable.
Sorted recyclables are accepted for Free at the Recycle Center but are required to be separated into bins when unloading. Commingled (mixed together) recycling will be charged $25 per ton.
Other Items that are recyclable but not curbside (Fees listed if applicable)
- Televisions/Computer Monitors:
- $10 each for under 25” screen and $20 for 25” – 32”and 34” and up are $25, all console tv’s are $30 each- computer accepted for no charge. Commercial TV’s and computers will be charge by the pound.
- Electronics: No charge
- Untreated Wood/Pallets: $40 per ton
- Tires: By size and type
- Oil and Filters: No Charge – must be kept separate from other recycling/waste
- Lead Acid Batteries: No Charge
- Hazardous Materials: Call for disposal information
- Metal: No Charge
- Asphalt Shingles: Shingles, nails, felt only $40 per ton
**Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Shredded paper
- Fiber barrels (Uncoated Cardboard)
- Oil Filters
- Used Oil
If you have an item that you are unsure about, call us! New items are recyclable all the time.